Friday, December 25, 2009

How do I stop my paintball mask from fogging up?

This is like the most annoying thing ever, no matter what kind of weather my paintball mask fogs up and I can't see anything, can anyone help, anybody know anything that works? anything from personal experience?How do I stop my paintball mask from fogging up?
From my experience there are three things you can do...





1. You can purchase a lens cleaner called ';Plexxus.'; It costs less than $10 and it's made to reduce fogging. I don't have any personal experiences, but my friends used it back when they didn't have thermal lenses.





2. Depending on the model of your mask, you may be able to purchase a fan that fits on your mask to provide ventilation, therefore eliminating fog. I usually see these advertised for $30. Again, no personal experiences, however, I have a friend who uses them to reduce the fogging of the glasses he wears underneath his mask.





3. Purchase a dual-paned thermal lens for your mask. This the the best alternative, seeing as it doesn't need to be replaced frequently and it costs the same as a fan. They run for about $30. If they don't make a dual-paned lens for you model mask, your best bet would be to upgrade to a new mask that comes stock with a thermal lens.How do I stop my paintball mask from fogging up?
Don't wear anything on your head. Just wear your mask. Most of your body heat leaves through your head and if you are wearing a hat or a hood, the heat has no where to go and it gets trapped in your mask. That's what causes mask to fog up. Hopes this helps.
Stop breathing. :D


Actually, before you go for paintball, spread the inside of the goggles with toothpaste, rinse it all off, (dry it), and viola! :D
an extremely cheap solution is to cut band-aids into small squares and place them around the goggle frame. the adhesive sucks oxygen from inside the goggles and wont allow it to fog up. you just need to change them every 3-4 weeks
if you are using a cheap mask upgrade to a good one with thermal lenses





here is the best cheap mask


http://www.ansgear.com/category_s/1446.h鈥?/a>
I heard rubbing spit on the inside works somehow, cant say ive tried it... but worth a try
Buy a fan for your mask.
stop breathing in it...
  • getting late
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment