Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Question about aspirin masks for acne?

Are these bad for the skin if you do it too often? In the sense that the aspirin gets absorbed into the bloodstream? I would like to do this often (probably 3x per week, to every day), but not if it's bad for my body...





(Here's where I learned about aspirin masks, in case anyone is interested: http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_i鈥?/a> )Question about aspirin masks for acne?
I don't think this really works--except it may dry out your skin and soak up some facial oils. I've never heard of it (except the site you listed) and it really dosen't make any sense from a biological or chemical angle. Any over the counter acne medication will dry your skin and soak up oils --and do it much better.





Some drugs can be absorbed through the skin so you should probably not overdo it. If you get ringing in your ears this is a sign of too much aspirin.Question about aspirin masks for acne?
Aspirin is effective and makes complete sense from a scientific point of view - BECAUSE Aspirin is salicylic acid, ie: BHA Beta Hydroxy Acid. It is a common and effective ingredient in many pricy skin formulations. Thousands of women, including me, swear by it. Report Abuse

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=14129/Aspirin_Mask/Unlisted_Brand/Masks/ Report Abuse

I cant say if this would be bad or not. However I can tell you a toothpaste mask a couple times of week works wonders for acne.
i think they would burn your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment