Monday, December 14, 2009

Should I use the special painters tape or masking tape on an oil painting?

I'm about to put some tape down on an oil painting I'm working on. The paint's at least a week dry, probably longer. Do I really need to use the special artist tape, or can I use regular masking tape?Should I use the special painters tape or masking tape on an oil painting?
Regular masking tape, will peel the paint already applied. Try the blue or green masking tape, which is cheaper than the special artist tape, and comes up off the already applied paint with ease. I find the blue works best. The green is made for lacquers, and comes up OK, but the blue works best with oils and acrylics. Have fun, with no touch ups. Good vibes to ya.Should I use the special painters tape or masking tape on an oil painting?
Green masking tape should be just fine. (doesnt have to be green :P).
The blue tape is fine.
it will depend
  • getting late
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment