Monday, December 14, 2009

Is it unhealthy for me to sleep with masking tape over my eyelids?

I do it to keep the morning light out of my eyes!Is it unhealthy for me to sleep with masking tape over my eyelids?
YES! During sleep you go through many different stages. One of them, also a most known of, is REM. REM or Rapid Eye Movement is a normal stage of sleep. During this time your eyes open and close while your eyes move rapidy, hence REM. Lack of such REM atonia causes REM Behavior Disorder; sufferers act out the movements occurring in their dreams. The duck-tape if applied tight enough,will keep your eyes closed, preventing the opening of your eyes. This will eventually cause a REM Behavior Disorder. The loss of motor inhibition leads to a wide spectrum of behavioural release during dreaming. This extends from simple limb twitches to more complex integrated movements where sufferers appear to be unconsciously acting out their dreams.





In short terms, don't tape your eyes closed when you are about to sleep. Try a sleeping mask. It works better, feel more comfortable, and allows the eyes to open during REM.





Hope this helped, TwinTipZIs it unhealthy for me to sleep with masking tape over my eyelids?
Yes, it is very unhealthy for you to put masking tape over your eyes! Your body breathes when you're asleep! even your eyes, if you want to keep the sunlight out of your eyes use a mask, its for just that purpose, it usually used for migraine headaches, its black,silk, with a loose rubber band like that goes over your head like a mask, try that; its better for you than tape. You can get them in any department store.
I dont think it will harm you but its alittle odd? how did you think of that lol. I would say go get a sleeping mask and cvover your windows with a blanket before going to bed.
I don't think it would be unhealthy, it might be uncomfortable though. You might want to invest in one of those sleeping masks; they're pretty cheap and I've heard that they work great.
Get a sleeping mask for God's sake. Why would you put masking tape on your eyes!!!! Geesch!!!
You're kidding right. Owww. Any eyelashes rip off when you take it off in the morning?
HAHA





uhm...not unhealthy...a bit odd tho! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment