Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cook at restaurant who prepared my food was wearing a surical mask? Am I safe to eat it?

I just picked up my lunch at a local thai restaurant (i live in the usa) and the woman cooking my food was wearing a surgical mask. this kind of freaked me out. why would she be wearing this? is it safe to eat the food?Cook at restaurant who prepared my food was wearing a surical mask? Am I safe to eat it?
I have seen more Chinese and Eastern food venues that have the cooks wearing these masks. I finally asked the waitress at one of them and she informed me that they are being proactive about the H1N1 swine flu epidemic and wearing them as a safety precaution. She said that no one there has the H1N1, but they want to maintain public safety just in case an employee starts to have symptoms.Cook at restaurant who prepared my food was wearing a surical mask? Am I safe to eat it?
She might have cancer or some kind of disease where her immune system is weak and she could catch something really easy. When I Aunt was on Chemo they made her wear a mask because she could get sick really easy.





If she is sick the mask will keep the germs from getting on your food. Surgeons wear masks when they do surgery and it keeps things clean. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
of course it is! she was probably wearing the mask so she wouldn't cough on it or get germs on it. the mask was just for safety.
most restaurants do because they probably have to cook all day and they cant breath in all that smoke or fumes from cooking so your food is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment